Medical Students in the SNICU
Welcome to the UIHC Surgical and Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit's (SNICU) portal subsection for medical students. Here you will find information to help you optimize your learning experience in the SNICU. Your rotation in the SNICU will provide a tremendous learning experience. The learning curve is steep and you will have excellent help to guide you during your time with us in the SNICU. Your interaction with the residents, fellows, attending physicians and especially your patients is key to success during this rotation.
Medical students are expected to:
· Follow at least one individual patient along with a resident and
present the case each morning during rounds.
· Actively participate in daily Clinical rounds. You will be expected to present cases during rounds.
· Write at least one note every day, to be reviewed by your attending physician/fellow/resident.
· Work with the residents in learning about and coordinating patient care.
· Actively participate in all the noon lecture series and journal clubs, and in the
weekly simulations and ultrasound workshops.
· Take call until 10 pm once a week.
· Write one procedure note during your elective.
. Submit a 1-2 page case report on a critical care question that came up during your elective.
· Place orders for critically ill patients.
ICON (requires log-in)