Licensure Information

A permanent license or special medical license to practice medicine in the state of Iowa is required for all faculty level positions.  Individuals may participate in the residency program or Fellowship under a resident license issued by the state of Iowa.

The Iowa Board Of Medical Examiners:


You can apply for a Permanent Iowa State Medical License through the Iowa Board of Medical Examiners.The link to their home page is listed below.

The Iowa State Pharmacy Number:


This number is required prior to applying for a Permanant Federal DEA number. You can obtain further information by contacting the Iowa State Board of Pharmacy Examiners.

The Federal DEA Number


Further information about the Federal DEA number can be accessed directly through the Home Page of the DEA.